pgTcl problem... - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Andre Carvalho
Subject pgTcl problem...
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
  I'm running PostgreSQL server 6.4.2 on a RedHat 4.2 like system, kernel 2.0.36.
  Tcl/Tk: 8.0.3 with [incr Tcl] 3.0.

  I've experienced two problems:

  1st - When I tried to load the shared library (within itkwish3.0) libpgtcl.so.2.0 I've got this reply:
" couldn't load file "libpgtcl.so": /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpgtcl.so:
undefined symbol: crypt ".

  2nd - Then I tried to use "pgwish" that already has the libpgtcl commands (although I can't use the Oriented Object benefits from [incr Tcl]), when I tried to connect locally to the PgSQL server, I've got these messages:
"Connection to database failed
User authentication failed".
  But when try to connect from another machine in the network to the PgSQL server using the same way I succeeded.

  Please contact me if there is any way to solve these problems...

    Thanks...

        Andre Carvalho.