Error handling - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Dale Schmitz
Subject Error handling
Date
List pgsql-novice

Can anyone recommend a good book on PostgreSQL/PHP error handling?  I’m looking for a kind of “start here” book, a primer, that offers a simple-to-complex approach.  There are lots of books on the subject of PHP and PostgreSQL but I’d like something, if it exists or is even part of a larger book, that covers error handling from a beginner’s perspective.

I’ve been reading the PHP online manuals on the subject but I find them somewhat devoid (might be a bad choice of words here) of a top-down structure to this subject.  I’ve tried programming a few of the examples but I’m not getting any returns like I’ve expected, so I assume I’m missing something basic.  The online manuals are just a reference after all, and not a structured approach.

Any guidance is appreciated, and thanks.

Dale