Re: XP Pro cygipc/PostgreSQL test report - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From George Weaver
Subject Re: XP Pro cygipc/PostgreSQL test report
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
I have installed PostgreSQL on both XP Pro and XP Home with success.

The only challenge seems to be installing PostgreSQL as a service, which can
be done effortlessly, but requires a user name with a password that can't be
blank (see attachment).  I can't see any difference in doing this between
the Pro and Home editions.

Regards,
George

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Cc: "Pgsql-Cygwin" <pgsql-cygwin@postgresql.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 3:33 PM
Subject: Re: [CYGWIN] XP Pro cygipc/PostgreSQL test report

I thought I heard there were differences in the way you could specify
the user account used by services (specifically you couldn't)? I've
never used Home so may be completely off-track, but as Jason implies,
judging by posts to the pgsql-cygwin list there is definately something
different between home and pro causing the problem on home that don't
exist with pro.

Regards, Dave.

http://archives.postgresql.org

Attachment