locale per db / table / column - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ben-Nes Michael
Subject locale per db / table / column
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All

I'm a new Postgres User and because I'm from Israel I use the Hebrew set in
locale.

from reading the documents I realized that all the databases created under
directory that was created with initdb while locale was set to something
will be sorted by this locale with no way to set it to other locale in the
future.

I hope I'm wrong as some of my db need to be only English and some Hebrew.

If I'm wrong please explain, if not, is there a way to go around this
problem ? maybe by making more then one data directory ?

can one postmaster run on more then one data dir ?

Canaan Surfing Ltd.
Internet Service Providers
Ben-Nes Michael - Manager
Tel: 972-4-6991122