select from a dynamic table name - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jason Kwok
Subject select from a dynamic table name
Date
List pgsql-sql
Since I could return a rowset (some records) from a function of pgsql or
plpgsql, I saved all the records into a temp file. Then I want to get the
rowset by another select statement from this temp table with dynamic name,
could I do something like the folowing :

select * from a_dynamic_table_name ?

If the a_dynamic_table_name could be specified as a function, it would be
great, because inside the function I could insert the needed rows into the
temp file and then return its name for the select statement. Is this
possible?

==
====
Best Regards