Query - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Pedro Igor
Subject Query
Date
List pgsql-sql
Regards .....

  I hope someone can help me in this query.
  Have a field in a table that needs to check if another table has the value that is being inserted.
  Ex:
    table A
      - id int constraint pkey_id primary key,

    table B
      - id int constraint fkey_A_B references A,

    Here comes my doubt:

    table C
      - id int constraint fkey_A_C references A check (if exists B.id = C.id)

    How can i build this expression so, when I insert a tupple in table C the field will check in the table A(ok, because is a foreign key) and also in table B ....
    I have tried : check (select count(b.id) from B b where b.id = id) <> 0) .... but doesn´t work ......
    I can use trigger here, but i don´t know if is the best solution .....

   Thanks,

        Pedro Igor