Re: A Replication Idea - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Wolfe
Subject Re: A Replication Idea
Date
List pgsql-general

> Orion,
> How would it handle functions, which could potentially modify data, even
> from a select statement?

  That is the problem with any sort of a proxy for PostgreSQL.  There are
too many ways for data to be changed without the proxy being made aware of
it.

  I had started development on a query result caching system (caching the
results of queries), but it really can't be done with any guarantee of
reliability outside of PostgreSQL itself.  And since I'm not a big C
programmer, I'm not really up to doing it myself, so it will have to be
left until someone else decides to pick it up.

steve