Use of datepart() on TimeStamp. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeffrey Silberberg
Subject Use of datepart() on TimeStamp.
Date
List pgsql-general
    Using Access 97 I have a Database field defined as a time stamp being
pulled in as a data type of date/time which is correct.  My problem is that
I now what to add some criteria to select it and have tried both the
criteria of Date()-1 which results in an empty set, and createing a new
field =datepart("yymmdd", [fieldname] which results in the new column being
filed with #Error instead of a valid date only.  If I do a Between #date
time# and #date time# in the criteria this does work but not if I do
#Date()-7# and # Date()#

    It's Win/95, ODBC/32, PostgreSQL 6.40.00.05 drivers, and yes, when I
look at the data being mapped back I do get a date and time from the actual
database.

    Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this one ??

Thks,
Jeffrey M. Silberberg
CompuDesigns, Inc.
(770) 399-9464