Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Stefan Viljoen
Subject Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client
Date
In response to Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client  (Nick Gorham <nick@lurcher.org>)
List pgsql-odbc

Hi Nick

>Its getting past the driver manager to the driver in all cases, those
errors are from postgres driver or server.

Ok

>So when you do

    psql -U asteriskcdruser -d asteriskcdrdb

>That does connect you are connecting to a different database, dont you need
to change the odbc.ini to have

>    Database=asteriskcdrdb

>instead of the

>    Database=dbname

>That you have shown to be in the ini file.

> [pgdb-cdr]
> ;Driver                  = /usr/pgsql-9.4/lib/psqlodbc.so
> Driver=PostgreSQL
> ServerName=localhost
> Port=5432
> UserName=dbuser
> Password=dbpassword
> Database=dbname
> ReadOnly=No
> Protocol=9.4
> Trace=Yes
> TraceFile=/tmp/sql.log
> ConnSettings=
> DSN=pgdb
> ServerType=Postgres
> Debug=1
> DebugFile=/var/log/postgresql_debug.log

Ok I changed by odbc.ini to read

---
[pgdb-cdr]
;Driver                  = /usr/pgsql-9.4/lib/psqlodbc.so
Driver=PostgreSQL
ServerName=localhost
Port=5432
UserName=username
Password=pword
Database=asteriskcdrdb
ReadOnly=No
Protocol=9.4
Trace=Yes
TraceFile=/tmp/sql.log
ConnSettings=
DSN=pgdb
ServerType=Postgres
Debug=1
DebugFile=/var/log/postgresql_debug.log
---

PostgreSQL is defined in my odbcinst.conf

The response still remains

---
[root@jhbasterisk pg_log]# isql -v pgdb-cdr username pword
[S1000][unixODBC]The database does not exist on the server
or user authentication failed.
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
[root@jhbasterisk pg_log]#
---

If i check using psql:

---
[root@jhbasterisk pg_log]# psql -U username -d asteriskcdrdb
psql (9.4.4)
Type "help" for help.

asteriskcdrdb=> \d+
                                List of relations
 Schema |      Name      |   Type   |      Owner      |    Size    |
Description
--------+----------------+----------+-----------------+------------+--------
-----
 public | cdr            | table    | asteriskcdruser | 8192 bytes |
 public | cdr_id_seq     | sequence | asteriskcdruser | 8192 bytes |
 public | cdr_leg        | table    | asteriskcdruser | 8192 bytes |
 public | cdr_leg_id_seq | sequence | asteriskcdruser | 8192 bytes |
 public | cel            | table    | asteriskcdruser | 8192 bytes |
 public | cel_id_seq     | sequence | asteriskcdruser | 8192 bytes |
(6 rows)

asteriskcdrdb=> \list
                                       List of databases
     Name      |  Owner   | Encoding |   Collate   |    Ctype    |
Access privileges
---------------+----------+----------+-------------+-------------+----------
--------------------
 asteriskcdrdb | postgres | UTF8     | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |
=Tc/postgres                +
               |          |          |             |             |
postgres=CTc/postgres       +
               |          |          |             |             |
asteriskcdruser=CTc/postgres
 postgres      | postgres | UTF8     | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |
 template0     | postgres | UTF8     | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |
=c/postgres                 +
               |          |          |             |             |
postgres=CTc/postgres
 template1     | postgres | UTF8     | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |
=c/postgres                 +
postgres=CTc/postgres
(4 rows)

asteriskcdrdb=>
---

Tables cdr_leg, cdr and cel are in asteriskcdrdb.

Thanks for your continued assistance!

Kind regards,
--
Nick