Re: setCatalog() - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Patrik Lundgren
Subject Re: setCatalog()
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
But when I use pgAdmin II I can administrate the different catalogs. Are
you saying that a different connection is created for each catalog?

Regards

Patrik,

It is currently implemented.  Because of how postgres connections work,
setCatalog is a noop.  In postgres a connection connects to a specific
database.  There is no way that a connection can be repointed to a
different database (that would be a different connection).  So
setCatalog is implemented in the only way that is compatible with the
postgres architecture.

thanks,
--Barry

Patrik Lundgren wrote:
> Anyone knows of any plans of implementing the setCatalog method in
> Connection?
>
> Regards,
> Patrik Lundgren

Attachment