CORBAservices (was RE: [HACKERS] PREPARE) - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Taral
Subject CORBAservices (was RE: [HACKERS] PREPARE)
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
[ Cross-post to pgsql-interfaces ]

> BTW, what does CORBA prescribe about transactions (if anything) ?
>
> Is the current transaction model adequate or do we need nested
> transactions ?

The Query Service is read-only, so does not have locking or transactions...
We will have to implement the Transaction Service...

Current service list for our implementation: (in order of importance)

Naming Service (provided by most 2.2 ORBs)
LifeCycle Service (provided by mico) (dependent on NS)
Query Service
Security Service
ConcurrencyControl Service
Transaction Service (dependent on CCS)
Relationship Service (provided by mico)

(Not sure about the ordering of the last few...)

As you can see, this is a non-trivial list of interfaces :)

Taral