RE: current is broken - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject RE: current is broken
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Isn't it a problem of backend side ?
It seems quite strange to me that clients should/could assume
such a complicated rule. I was surprized to see how many
applications have used complicated(but incomplete in some
cases) definiton(criterion ?)s of views to see if a table is a
view.
Now we have a relkind for views and in addtion haven't we
already had pg_views view to encapsulate the definition of
views.

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue