Pgsql question - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Ken Mathieu
Subject Pgsql question
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi there,=20

  First i must say that iv started using pgsql recently(on a linux redhat a=
pache server with mod perl "DBI").  I have this problem after a little whil=
e there is too many pgsql process hanging "idle" and when we try to connect=
 the server say: psql: Sorry, too many clients already when im trying to co=
nnect from the shell.=20

 All the scripts im running connect once and use the same connection for th=
e runtime then disconnect() at the end... but some process are starting to =
get idle(i can see them while doing a "top"...  I heard that i could get ra=
ise number of connection (default suppose to be 32 ?) but i cant find the w=
ay or the documentation to do it.  Im using this command to start the postm=
aster:=20

pg_ctl -l /export/datafiles/pgsql/postmaster.log -D /export/datafiles/pgsql=
/data start

and iv tried these option "-i -B 256 -N 128" but it always say bad param, t=
here is no documentation in pg_ctl --help concerning this issue.

Its will probably be easy for a postgress teamember to anser me :)

Thanks in advance, Ken