Re: Cursor fetch Problem. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Cursor fetch Problem.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 5:12 PM Harry wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am getting a problem i.e. in database while checking pg_stat_activity
> faced issue statement <Fetch all in unnamed portal> is residing as
> process
> for couple of days also,

How have you concluded, it stays for couple of days?
pg_stat_activity will show last statement executed in backend. What is the
value of 'state' for that backend.
It's better if you can send the output of pg_stat_activity for that backend.

> not able to kill them through pg_terminate_backend  function.
Can you try once pg_cancel_backend(pid) and then pg_terminate_backend.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.