Re: Materialized views WIP patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Materialized views WIP patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers

+1 to this.
I can see a use case where you might want to refresh all MVs that are X number of days/hours old. Rather than having to
executestatements for each one. Something like pg_refresh_mv() within a query would allow this.

Pretty exciting work Kevin, I understand what Robert said about feature creep etc and agree 100%, but I'm really
lookingforward to when we can *one day* have the planner make use of an eager MV to optimise a query!

Regards

David Rowley