Problems with complex queries ... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From J. Fernando Moyano
Subject Problems with complex queries ...
Date
Re: Problems with complex queries ...  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com>)
List pgsql-sql
Hey everybody !!!
I am new on this list !!!

I have a little problem .....

I try this on my system: (Postgres 6.5.2, Linux)

"select n_lote from pedidos except select rp.n_lote from relpedidos rp,
relfacturas rf where  rp.n_lote=rf.n_lote group by rp.n_lote having
sum(rp.cantidad)=sum(rf.cantidad)"

and I get this result:

ERROR: rewrite: comparision of 2 aggregate
columns not supported

but if I try this one:

"select rp.n_lote from relpedidos rp, relfacturas rf where
rp.n_lote=rf.n_lote group by rp.n_lote having sum(rp.cantidad)=sum(rf.cantidad)"

It's OK !!

What's up???
Do you think i found a bug  ???
Do exists some limitation like this in subqueries??

(Perhaps Postgres don't accept using aggregates in subqueries ???)

I tried this too:

"select n_lote from pedidos where n_lote not in (select rp.n_lote from
relpedidos rp, relfacturas rf where  rp.n_lote=rf.n_lote group by rp.n_lote
having sum(rp.cantidad)=sum(rf.cantidad))"

but the result was the same !

And i get the same error message (or similar) when i try other variations.

Thanks !!!

Fer

(*) SymeX ==> http://www.lantik.com(*) Web en http://www.arrakis.es/~txino      (*) Informate sobre LINUX en
http://www.linux.org