Alter column...using failure under 9.0.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter
Subject Alter column...using failure under 9.0.4
Date
List pgsql-general

Dear list,

I’ve a strange issue here. I’ve a table that I’m sure the column type is boolean. I can see the datatype is boolean on PgAdmin.

Nevertheless, when I issue this command

alter table usuario alter column ativo type smallint using (case when ativo then 1 else 0 end);

I get the following error:

ERROR:  argument of IS FALSE must be type boolean, not type smallint

********** Error **********

ERROR: argument of IS FALSE must be type boolean, not type smallint

SQL state: 42804

I already run Vacuum just to be sure, but still not working.

I have a script with hundred similar lines (for other tables) without any error, just this table.

Any hints?

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter
SimKorp Infomática Ltda

Fone: