Why pgsql function is working on vers 8.0/windows and not on ver 7.3.2/rad hat? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From in-consulting.net
Subject Why pgsql function is working on vers 8.0/windows and not on ver 7.3.2/rad hat?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hy,
I'm using a type defined by me: output_mt, on the function
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION happy()
  RETURNS SETOF output_mt AS....
and when I want to initialize from another function:
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION msg()
  RETURNS output_mt AS....
as: output_mt=msg();
it gaves me:
WARNING:  plpgsql: ERROR during compile of happy near line xx
ERROR:  parse error at or near "output_mt".
Why is this working on version 8.0 with windows and not on version 7.3.2 on linux, how can I solve this problem, do I need a cast or something ?
Thanks, Otto.