psql can not connect to the server on Win2000 NT - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kouber Saparev
Subject psql can not connect to the server on Win2000 NT
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello,

I have installed PostgreSQL 8.beta2.dev3 on Windows 2000 NT using the
installer. There were two dialogs with messages like "Couldn't connect to
the server" or so. Then when I try to connect I get this message:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0-beta2-dev3\bin>psql.exe
psql.exe: server closed the connection unexpectedly
        before or while processing the request.

The information in the log file is:

"2004-09-17 10:06:53 Central European Daylight Time LOG:  could not receive
data from client: An operation was attempted on something that is not a
socket.

2004-09-17 10:06:53 Central European Daylight Time LOG:  incomplete startup
packet"

Beside that, once every minute the following lines are written there too:

"2004-09-17 10:07:54 Central European Daylight Time LOG:  select() failed in
statistics collector: An operation was attempted on something that is not a
socket.

2004-09-17 10:07:54 Central European Daylight Time LOG:  select() failed in
statistics buffer: An operation was attempted on something that is not a
socket.

2004-09-17 10:07:54 Central European Daylight Time LOG:  statistics
collector process (PID 2396) was terminated by signal 1"

The PID is different every time.

I was told to send a bug report in the #postgresql channel on
irc.freenode.net IRC server.

I apologize if it is a known bug or not a bug at all.

Regards,
Kouber Saparev