Pulling System Info - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Summer S. Wilson
Subject Pulling System Info
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

I am trying to create a system to let my users do some Ad Hoc querying of
their database and I found a nifty program to do it.  Unfortunately it was
written with a MS SQL database in mind (I guess) so I have no clue how to
translate the SQL statements that pull tables and columns to one that
PostgreSQL will understand.  I've posted it below...can anyone point me in
the right direction for what translates to what?

select   sysobjects.id as tableid,
    syscolumns.id as columnid,
    sysobjects.name as tablename,
    syscolumns.name as colname,
    syscolumns.isnullable,
    syscolumns.autoval,
    syscolumns.colorder,
    syscolumns.length,
    systypes.name as typename
from   sysobjects,syscolumns,systypes
where    sysobjects.id = syscolumns.id and systypes.name <> 'sysname'
   and syscolumns.xtype=systypes.xtype
   and sysobjects.xtype='U'
   and sysobjects.name <> 'dtproperties'
order by tablename,colorder