Re: query multiple databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Len Morgan
Subject Re: query multiple databases
Date
List pgsql-general
> Adam Fisher wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> > I am just starting out with postgreSQL. I have retail inventory system
> > written in MS-SQL, but now I want to use Linux and, hence, postgreSQL.
> >
> > My existing app uses lots of SQL that query 2 or more seperate
databases. I
> > have just read that this can;t be done in postgreSQL. Is this true?

Are you sure you are not confusing databases and tables?  They are not the
same thing although M$ does try and corrupt the meaning of common terms.  I
routinely pull data from multiple tables in the SAME database and can see no
reason why a well designed/normalized system requires more than one
database.  I use different databases for different customers but each
database contains many tables/indexes/sequences etc.

len morgan