Please advise features in 7.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Huttley
Subject Please advise features in 7.1
Date
Re: Please advise features in 7.1  (Philip Warner <pjw@rhyme.com.au>)
Re: Please advise features in 7.1  (Don Baccus <dhogaza@pacifier.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,
I've looked at the resources available through the web page to CVS and other
stuff,
however I cant find a statement of whats likely to be in 7.1 and what is planned
for later.

Reason: I want to know if any of these features are scheduled.

1. Calculated fields in table definitions . eg.
  Create table test (           A Integer,           B integer,          the_sum   As  (A+B),
);

This is like MSSQL

2. Any parameterised triggers

3. Any parameterised stored procedures that return a result set.

These are _extraordinarily_ useful for application development.

If anyone has a way of bolting on any of these to 7.0, I'd be keen to hear from
you.

Regards

John