Case sensitivity? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From dfx
Subject Case sensitivity?
Date
Re: Case sensitivity?
Re: Case sensitivity?
Re: Case sensitivity?
List pgsql-general
Dear Sirs,

I have a little problem:

- Contest: Server side: Linux Fedora core 4 with PostgreSQL v. 8.0
                Client side: both Linux Fedora core 4 with pgAdmin III v. 1.4 and/or Windows 2000 server vith pgAdmin III v. 1.4

- I Made a table:

CREATE TABLE "Accoglienza"
(
  "IdAccoglienza" int4 NOT NULL DEFAULT nextval('public."Accoglienza_IdAccoglienza_seq"'::text),
  "IdCongresso" int4 NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
CONSTRAINT "Accoglienza_Pk" PRIMARY KEY ("IdAccoglienza")
)
WITHOUT OIDS;

if I try "INSERT INTO Accoglienza (IdCongresso) VALUES (23)"

I get an error "ERROR:  la relazione "accoglienza" non esiste" (The relation "accoglienza does not exist")

please note the change of the case of "A" to "a";

if I rename the table to "accoglienza" the error disappear, but arise another error on "IdAccoglienza" that change in "idaccoglienza". (i.e. all converted to lower case)

The same error arise with window client and linux client.

How I can set case-insensitive the system, or avoid the conversion to lower case?

It depends on setting of pgAdmin or on setting of the server?

Thank you.