Sql select like question. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From hatuan
Subject Sql select like question.
Date
List pgsql-sql
I use domain in my database
Ex
CREATE DOMAIN ud_id AS bpchar(3) DEFAULT ''::bpchar NOT NULL;

And have table A

CREATE TABLE A
(   id ud_ma_nt NOT NULL,   name ud_name,   CONSTRAINT A_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id)
)

I have a select query Select * from A where id like 'US%'
In pgAdmin i have error : "ERROR:  unsupported type: 136452". But if select
is : Select * from A where id like 'US%'::ud_id, query work well.
So can I use first query in postgre? I don't want to use second query
because i don't know columns 's domain but i know it is char(xx).
Thank in advance. Sorry for my English.