Re: novice question about NOTICE:... - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Kent R. Rigby
Subject Re: novice question about NOTICE:...
Date
List pgsql-novice
Not an expert by any means, but I think you need to include the tierdat
table in the from clause like this:

select oid, lang from cgidat, tierdat where cgidat.state = 'testing' and
cgidat.lang = tiredat.lang and tierdat.tier = '0' order by lang;

Kent

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Lloyd Vancil
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 3:37 PM
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: [NOVICE] novice question about NOTICE:...

    Tried to search the novice archives and the engine just never
returns an answer.  This is probably a pretty common question so I
hope I'll get a quick answer.

   I have two tables  cgidat and tierdat.
    I want to select all occurrences of data in cgidat where
cgidat.state = testing and cgidat.lang = tierdat.lang and
tierdat.tier = 0

   so I did

    select oid, lang from cgidat where cgidat.state = 'testing' and
cgidat.lang = tiredat.lang and tierdat.tier = '0' order by lang;

I get the expected results but I also get
Adding missing FROM-clause entry for table "tierdat"

   Huh?

    Thanks
    Lloyd

--