RE: [INTERFACES] ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Peter Harvey
Subject RE: [INTERFACES] ODBC
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> Byron is the keeper of the ODBC code, and in fact does his work
> outside of the Postgres source tree since his development target is
> WIN32. The last time I looked the unixODBC drivers were claiming alpha
> or beta status, and it seemed a bit early to jump on integrating that
> code base into the Postgres production tree.

Clarification; some unixODBC components are Beta, a few are even Alpha, but
most is Beta... including the PostgreSQL driver. Remember; the PostgreSQL
driver in unixODBC is Byrons driver with some enhancements.

> I support your goal of avoiding a code fork, but imho you will need to
> do a bit of work to: 1) send your changes, rather than sending a URL;
> 2) explain your changes if they are not small, self-evident patches;
> 3) work with Byron to ensure that the changes are compatible with his
> code and the direction it is taking.

Ok. I will email a gz file with all changes and an explanation (to Thomas).
Please take the time to apply the changes. These changes are mostly for
making PostgreSQL work with StarOffice.

Thanks!

Peter Harvey