RE: [GENERAL] vacuuming - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rob den Boer
Subject RE: [GENERAL] vacuuming
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Herouth,

> > Why should I want  a backup when I never need it anyway???    ;-))
> Oh, be serious. The frequency of dumps depends on the application in hand.

My remark was not so serious intended, hence the smiley...
ok, serious now;

> Not everybody wants to backup every day. We have an Oracle-based
> application (yuck), which presents data derived from the main university's

Of course, it depends on the situation.  In my situation it is obvious to do
a backup and vacuum overnight, since this db is used in an office 9/5
enviroment.

regards
Rob den Boer