Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Regina Obe
Subject Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
Date
List pgsql-general
>> She won Red Hat Woman of the Year Award -
>> https://www.redhat.com/en/about/women-in-open-source
>>
>> Sarah Sharp
>> 2015 Community Award winner
>>
>> Am I the only one concerned about some of the women role models we have
in
>> FOSS?
> Am I, as a mere male, entitled to have an opinion on this?  :-)

> It is very sad, that some people would answer the above question with a
> resounding no!

I think anybody who has a vested interest in FOSS and in a project has the
right to say
"I think we are sending the wrong message to the younger generation what it
takes to succeed in Open Source"

I personally feel that we are sending the message

1) Find the person who has contributed the most to a project,
2) Select some choice pieces out of the 10,000 emails they have written that
suggests they are a jerk
3) Show this to the world and say "You see, your hero is a big jerk"
4) Have your friends twit and blog the message until everyone thinks this
guy is a big jerk.
5) Write up a lengthy painful to read doctrine about how you are going to
bring peace to the project.
6) Broadcast how your doctrine has made the project a more civil place for
discuss

BTW - I rarely try to get into things like discussing Cocs and stuff, but
this time I am just fed up with having my concentration ruined
when I could be devoting precious time to my projects.

This is causing me severe emotional distress.

Thanks,
Regina