Re: Execute commands in single-user mode - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Joseph Krogh
Subject Re: Execute commands in single-user mode
Date
List pgsql-general
På søndag 10. januar 2016 kl. 22:38:05, skrev Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com>:
On 1/10/16 10:01 AM, Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
> pg_largeobject being a system-relation does quite make sense to me, but
> that's another discussion. I know there has been some discussions in the
> past about making it a non system-relation but it never got anywhere AFAIK.

BTW, there's some other issues with large objects, notably their use of
OIDs. Lots of LOs can lead to OID depletion. There was a thread about
this recently.

It might be about time to come up with an extension that's a replacement
for large objects.

What would it take to fund such an extension?

It would "have to" support:
- Migrate existing LOs away from pg_largeobject
- Proper driver-support (JDBC)
- Possible to exclude from pg_dump
- Support pg_upgrade

And -hackers should agree on the goal to ultimately being merged into core and replace pg_largeobject.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Attachment