Re: [HACKERS] Auto-lowercasing of column names? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hakan Tandogan
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Auto-lowercasing of column names?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> This is standard, documented behaviour. No way we can change that. Is
Thus, a flag to psql, per default keeping the documented behaviour like
it is.

> there a reason why your front-end tools cannot compare the names
> case-insensitively?
Yes and No. They (the authors) told me to change my ddl scripts. The
bad part is that I can't modify them automatically (except by writing a full SQL
parser ;-) ). Thus, I have to watch for changes to the database schemas / data
and modify my own ddl scripts accordingly. While not a full-time-job by itself,
this solutions simply struck me as "not beautiful (tm)". Well, I guess I can
live a little longer with hand-modifying the ddl files ;-).
Regards,    Hakan

--
Hakan Tandogan                                       hakan@iconsult.com

ICONSULT Tandogan - Egerer GbR                   Tel.: +49-9131-9047-0
Memelstrasse 38 - D-91052 Erlangen               Fax.: +49-9131-9047-77

"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature"