RE: Improve selectivity estimate for range queries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Yuzuko Hosoya
Subject RE: Improve selectivity estimate for range queries
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Thanks for the comments, and I'm sorry for the late reply.

Yes, I agree with you.  Indeed the patch I attached is insufficient in cost-effectiveness.
However, I want to solve problems of that real estimates happened to equal to the default
values such as this case, even though it's a narrow pain point.  So I tried distinguishing
explicitly between real estimates and otherwise as Robert said.

The idea Tom proposed and Horiguchi-san tried seems reasonable, but I'm concerned whether
any range queries really cannot match 0.333333333333342 (or some such) by accident in any
environments.  Is the way which Horiguchi-san did enough to prove that?

Best regards,
Yuzuko Hosoya
NTT Open Source Software Center