Acces via applets - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc
Subject Acces via applets
Date
Re: Acces via applets  ("Andrew Thompson" <andrewthommo@gmail.com>)
Re: Acces via applets  (Reid Thompson <Reid.Thompson@ateb.com>)
Re: Acces via applets  (Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it>)
List pgsql-general

The bottom line question is can an applet served to a client machine other than the one the postrgres db resides on read that db?

An applet I’ve written and tested on the same box as my database runs fine.

When I try running the applet from another computer on the network I get an error trying to access the database.

Even when I added the ip of that computer to the pg_hba.conf it still didn’t work.

Why does an applet served to the same box as the db work, but when served to another box not work?

Is there a configuration setting I’m missing or is this simply not possible?

The applet has been self signed.using the java’s keytool and jarsigner programs.

I’ve had this same setup working with SQL Server for years now.

Self signed applet reads db on separate box.

What is going on with PostgreSQL?

Sorry for rambling, I’m just so frustrated right now.

Thanks in advance.

Marc