Error with "limit" clause - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rommel the iCeMAn
Subject Error with "limit" clause
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi List,
I've been trying the following query from VB.NET: select * from my_table
order by column1 limit 1. This query works flawlessly when I use the
pgAdminIII query tool, but when I run this query from VB.NET, I get the
following error: syntax error at or near "limit". Any ideas as to the cause
of this error? Seems to me this error is specific to the PostgreSQL .NET
providers, what do you think?

If it's of any help, here's my connection string: database=test;User
ID=iceman;Password={suppressed};Server=my_server;Port=5432;Timeout=10

Thanks in advance,
Rommel Edwards.