pg_database corrupted(?) If so, what do I do???? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jonny Hinojosa
Subject pg_database corrupted(?) If so, what do I do????
Date
List pgsql-general
Solaris 7 : snapshot dated 0506

The system has been running fine for several months.  Yesterday it crashed
and I have not been able to get it back.

This is the message I get when I try to access the db from psql :

bash-2.02$ psql
Connection to database 'cdmwhere' failed.
FATAL 1:  Database 'cdmwhere' does not exist.
        We know this because the directory '/data/base/cdmw H' does not
exist.
        You can create a database with the SQL command CREATE DATABASE.
        To see what databases exist, look at the subdirectories of
'/data/base/'
.

bash-2.02$

Why does it think the directory '/data/base/cdmw H' should exist?  Shouldn't
that be '/data/base/cdmwhere'?

Any ideas on how I can recover?
Jonny