Re: Standalone Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Andy Shellam
Subject Re: Standalone Postgres
Date
List pgsql-admin
You would need to write your own installation script that would:
a) create the temporary data directory
b) install Postgres with all default options
c) modify the pg_hba.conf file to allow localhost trust access (ie. No
password) - and restart Postgres
d) load the dump of your database into Postgres
e) start your demo and wait for it to exit
f) when demo has exited, stop and uninstall Postgres
g) remove data directory

It depends how the MSI installer for Postgres will handle the "silent
install" option, but you could use NSIS to do most if not all of this
(http://nsis.sourceforge.net.)

Andy