Re: getting information of tables and indexes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From srikanthutpala
Subject Re: getting information of tables and indexes
Date
List pgsql-general
hi
                  I am srikanth we are r using postgresql. we  are getting the fallowing error

com.ibm.ivj.eab.dab.DAException: SELECT_FAILED Unable to load DAMessages ResourceBundle.
Invalid character data was found.  This is most likely caused by stored data containing characters that are invalid for the character set the database was created in.  The most common example of this is storing 8bit data in a SQL_ASCII database.

Can your  telll me the reasions for this and possi able solution for this . I am very thank full if your help me in this issue

Regareds
srikanth.

From: Sean Davis [mailto:sdavis2@mail.nih.gov]
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2005 5:28 AM
To: Srikanth Utpala (Virinchi); pgsql-general@PostgreSQL.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] getting information of tables and indexes

You can query the information schema:

More specifically:

Hope that answers your question.

Sean

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 1:42 AM

Hi

                I am Srikanth.  I want to get the information about all tables in the existing postgresql . I want list all the tables and its columns information by executing a simple SQL statement like in oracle. We have a view like “user_tab_columns” in oracle to get all the information of  the tables of a user. Can we have nay option like this in postgresql can u help out in this.

            And also I want to get all constraints in the database and also respective parent tables and parent columns for the referential constrains. Please help in this issues.

            I will be thankful to you for your helping in this

Regards,

Srikanth.Utpala