PostgreSQL Performance issues - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Werner vd Merwe
Subject PostgreSQL Performance issues
Date
List pgsql-novice

Good day,

I hope you guys can help me, I went through the archives and spend some time Googling, and I think my biggest problem is not really understanding all the terms.

I would love some help on performance tuning our PG box, some of our queries takes a very long time to complete.

My request is maybe more one of looking for a nice profiling system that can eg. Graph available buffers vs used buffers, same with memory etc etc, to try and find the bottleneck in our system and also for pro-active upgrades where needed.

I will gladly post our conf files if that might help.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Werner vd Merwe