RE: ***SPAM*** Re: [SPAM] Remote Connection Help - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jason L. Amerson
Subject RE: ***SPAM*** Re: [SPAM] Remote Connection Help
Date
List pgsql-general

I have removed the rules in the iptables and restarted it and got nothing. iptables is turned off and still nothing.

Jason L. Amerson

From: Moreno Andreo <moreno.andreo@evolu-s.it>
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2019 11:27 AM
To: pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: ***SPAM*** Re: [SPAM] Remote Connection Help

Il 21/11/19 15:21, Jason L. Amerson ha scritto:

could not connect to server: Connection refused (Ox0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host " xx.xx.xx.xx" and accepting

TCP/IP connections on port 5432'

Connection refused means somthing has blocked it. If it was all OK and simply Postgres was not listening, you should've received a "connection timed out"(10060) message.
Have you tried adjusting/tearing off iptables and check what happens, as also Ekaterina pointed out?

And, just as a side note, I normally don't activate IPv6 if it's not necessary (it has not been necessary in the last 10 years :-) ), 'cause I've run in some troubles that have been cleared getting rid of IPv6)
so I'll try editing postgresql.conf as
listen = '127.0.0.1'

HTH,
Moreno.-