Re: Config help - Mailing list pgsql-general

From BuyAndRead Test
Subject Re: Config help
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks for the quick and helpful reply.

Yes, the storage array has a battery backed cache, it’s a Dell PowerVault
MD3000i, with dual controllers.

This is a virtual server, so I could give it as much as 8 GB of memory if
this will give much higher performance. What should shared_buffere be set to
if I use 8 GB, as much as 4 GB?

-Bjørn