Re: Re: [HACKERS] My new job - Mailing list pgsql-general

From teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød)
Subject Re: Re: [HACKERS] My new job
Date
List pgsql-general
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:

> On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Michael Meskes wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 10:15:03AM -0700, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> > > I think anyone with doubts should take a good look at the initial
> > > companies backing Linux, (Redhat, VA, Debian) to see what a boon
> >
> > I certainly get your point but I have to correct this as Debian is not,
> > never has been and never will be a company. Sorry, couldn't resist. :-)
>
> and last I heard, RedHat doesn't necessarily have the best name ...

Red Hat-bashing doesn't change the fact that Red Hat employees is by
far the largest corporate (or other single entity) contributor open
source projects. Project on which we contribute a lot include gcc, gdb
(through former Cygnus and other employees, we are by far the biggest
there), rpm, XFree86, glibc, gtk+, gnome, the Linux kernel and apache.

We also try hard to feed patches back to the original authors when we fix
something generic.

Anyway, flamewars never serve any particular purpose - followups
should go to /dev/null
--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.