Re: Re: [HACKERS] My new job - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mitch Vincent
Subject Re: Re: [HACKERS] My new job
Date
List pgsql-general
But think of the commercial possibilities for a PostgrePinball!
:-)

This was exactly my point earlier, it's not like GB is going to take
PostgreSQL commercial or out of the Open Source community (they're business
revolves around Open Source products) -- the same guys are developing it and
they're heading in the same direction that they were 6 months ago before GB
came onto the scene -- to a better RDBMS!

What's in PostgreSQL's best interests is (I think) in Great Bridge's best
interest. They want to sell products and services based on or around
PostgreSQL. If anything I think we'll see PostgreSQL get a lot better now
that the developers can make a living doing what they had previously done
away from their "real job".. More power to GB, PostgreSQL and the core
developers...

-Mitch