Re: libpq.so.2.0 problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød)
Subject Re: libpq.so.2.0 problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:

> Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:
> > James Hall <James.Hall@RadioShack.com> writes:
> > > I recently installed Redhat 7.0 and Postgres 7.0.2 on a new server... the
> > > install (of both) went better than expected, and I was able to get DBD and
> > > DBI up and running. When I copied my scripts (perl) over to the new server
> > > none ran. The error I received was "error in loading shared libraries
> > > libpq.so.2.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> > > directory".
>
> > What refers to that file?
>
> The perl-DBD-Pg package.

I don't think we ship that...

> The version of this package installed is not
> given -- and that would be critical, here, as there are a number of
> versions to choose from, according to rpmfind.  The version likely to be
> used would be perl-DBD-pg-0.91-2, which was built by RedHat for the CPAN
> archives

An older version, I think - at least, I don't seem to find it now.

> Symlink libpq.so.2.0 to libpq.so.2.1.

The application itself is linked with libpq.so.2.0 instead of
libpq.so.2, which would solve the problem...

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.