Re: Performance monitor - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gunnar R|nning
Subject Re: Performance monitor
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Denis Perchine <dyp@perchine.com> writes:

> > > Small question... Will it work in console? Or it will be X only?
> >
> > It will be tck/tk, so I guess X only.
>
> That's bad. Cause it will be unuseful for people having databases far away...
> Like me... :-((( Another point is that it is a little bit strange to have
> X-Window on machine with database server... At least if it is not for play,
> but production one...

Well, I use X all the time over far distances - it depends on your
connection... And you are not running an X server on the database server, only
an X client.

But I agree that it would be nice to have monitoring architecture that
allowed a multitude of clients...

regards,
Gunnar