Re: Re: The new, the improved ... FTS Searching of Mailing List Archives - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gunnar R|nning
Subject Re: Re: The new, the improved ... FTS Searching of Mailing List Archives
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> > I hope FTS for postgresql doesn't start looking like Oracle's
> > Context/Intermedia... Proprietary interfaces == "lock in" == "ick".
> > </featurerequest>
>
> This is what I was hoping... Something to make it automatic.

Well, I would love to see full text indexing with some understanding of the
language in question as well - I believe this is what Oracles product is
about and not just simple regexp matching. I want to be able to do regexps,
synonyms, soundex, etc. And I guess there is no standard for specifying
these different kind of searches.

regards,
Gunnar