Re: [GENERAL] Triggers: options besides compiled code? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roland Roberts
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Triggers: options besides compiled code?
Date
List pgsql-general

    >> if you insert a new row, isn't the sequence automatically
    >> inserted?

    dej> It is if you use table defaults.  (see 'create table', and
    dej> 'netval()')

Thanks for the tip; Richard Lynch <lynch@lscorp.com> had sent me the
same information via email.  I was unaware of the "default" clause
which certainly makes this piece easier.

I guess I'm still stuck with writing C-code to get cascading deletes,
but I can probably postpone that requirement for a while....

Thanks,

roland
--
Roland B. Roberts