Re: Timezone matching script (win32) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Timezone matching script (win32)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
>> <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:

>> > is this really just relevant for major releases or is there a chance that MS adds stuff like that in patches or
servicepacksas well?

>> I'd expect servicepacks at least are relevant, but they *are* fairly
>> major releases...
>
> I thought you meant stuff like "windows 2007" vs. "windows xp" or such.
> If SPs are considered major too, then it seems reasonable.
>
> Doesn't microsoft have a monthly update policy or something?  Those are
> not SPs though, right?

Those are hotfixes. They are not servicepacks. I doubt they'd touch
this stuff, unless they're specifically hotfixes for timezone
information. They do have those, but nowhere near as frequent as we do
TZ updates (probably because they keep a lot less data about their
timezones)