Re: Diferent databases on same query... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Diferent databases on same query...
Date
List pgsql-sql
Horst,

> There are many more good reasons to do so. Example from my own
> domain,
> medicine:
> Thus, we have multiple databases on multiple servers all depending on
> each
> other.

Your reasons all make sense.  What you need is not inter-database
queries but a robust middleware layer, such as J2EE.   Your sort of
situation is why middleware exists.

If GreatBridge was still around, I'd reccommend you contact them, as I
knwo they implemented a solution for your sort of situation.  However, I
don't know who'd do it now.

-Josh