Re: Directions in Advocacy - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Directions in Advocacy
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Lucas, Greg, Gavin,

> These are definitely important, but we cannot underestimate the
> importance
> of starting to establish contact with the "outside" world. Once a
> consensus
> is reached on the mission statement and goals for the group, we need
> start an unrelenting PR campaign.

All aspects of marketing are important.   I happen to like PR, and I do
think that it is currently one of our weakest areas.   Here's my
suggestions on assignments:

Gavin:  Preparing the Mission Statement, and Points of Attack for
PostgreSQL advocacy as a formal doc.   Please do this on Guides so that
we can be collaborative.

Me, Robert, Lucas (with some help from Justin & Marc):  Press Releases,
the Press Resources page, answering the press@postgresql.org address as
soon as it gets established (reminder to self: write request to Marc),
news listings, testimonials.

Gavin, Greg:  Dressing up the Advocacy web site.  Top priority here is
installing some kind of easy-to-use content mangement system so that
non-HTML coders can post content.

Justin, Marc: coordinating with wwwdevel to ensure that there's tie-in
between the main site and Advocacy, such as:  PRESS GO HERE big links.

Work for everybody?

-Josh Berkus

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com