Re: Praise from Bloomberg - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Praise from Bloomberg
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Neil,

> Not to further kick a dead horse, but this is more anecdotal evidence
> that our name is not helping us with product recognition...

I don't think that's worth worrying about.   I was Marketing Lead for
OpenOffice.org for a year, during which we were called "Open Office" in
the press about 1600 times.   Ultimately, any name is what you make of
it.  I don't mind reporters calling us "Postgres", or even "Postgre",
as long as they do it frequently. <grin>

-Josh