Re: Anybody here? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Anybody here?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Justin,

> For a different tact, am thinking we should probably start organising
> language-specific contacts.  Not country based ones at the moment (am
> pretty sure things aren't ready for that just yet), but definitely
> language based ones.

Oh, do I gotta?  I hoped that I left that behind at OpenOffice.org ...

> After launching the Advocacy site, within about 72 hours we had
> offers
> to translated it into German, French, Polish, Finnish, Brazilian
> Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, and another I think (exactly which is
> eluding me just now).
>
> Thoughts?

Not much to begin with ... just create a mailing list:
pgsql-advocacy-lang@postgresql.org
... all translators will subscribe to that mailing list, and we'll post
announcements of new website text there.

Unless you can come up with a more sophisticated web-based system, in
which users can browse items needing to be translated, "check them
out", download them, and the upload + update them.

Also, BTW, we'd better have an press release for version 7.3.  MySQL is
plowing us under, mainly because they have a marketing dept and we
don't ... yet.   They're getting accolades for implementing features
that we had 2 years ago.  We need to toot our own horn ... loud.

-Josh Berkus